What makes an engaging website? How many social networks do you really need to be on? Are flyers and posters a thing of the past? And why do you even need to market your organisation in the first place?
In Communications for Volunteers, you’ll discover the answers to these questions and more. Dr Louise Merrington draws on her experience as a communications consultant, journalist, author and facilitator to provide simple, low-cost ways for community groups to improve their communications without burning out their volunteers. In this book you’ll find:
• A step-by-step guide to developing a communications strategy
• An introduction to design and multimedia – websites, photography, graphics and more
• Easy tips for improving your writing and media skills
• A breakdown of all the major social media platforms, their advantages and disadvantages
• An overview of email lists and other useful tools such as surveys, petitions and crowdfunding
• Advice on when to hire a professional
Filled with real-life case studies from community groups, comprehensive templates and flowcharts, and practical hands-on guidance, Communications for Volunteers gives you the skills you need to approach communications and marketing with confidence.